Join us for an afternoon of Kimchi Making & Korean Appetizers!
In Korea, the annual time of family and community kimchi-making is known as Gimjang. It takes place once the weather starts to cool down, after Chuseok, the fall harvest holiday. Gimjang is a time for families and communities to come together and make kimchi for the coming months.
To honour this tradition, join us for your very own kimchi making afternoon! You'll learn how to make Poggi Kimchi (whole Cabbage Kimchi), and when we're done you'll have 1-2lbs packed up and ready to take home!
Then we'll sit down and enjoy some Korean snack foods that will be prepared on-site, where you'll learn about each of the foods and hear some of my own family stories about each of the recipes!
We chose Early Bird Family Farm as the first location for this event, because it offers beautiful farm views, a relaxing, community atmosphere and plenty of space to make our kimchi! We hope you enjoy the scenery of this location as much as we do!
**When purchasing, choose between Traditional or Vegan Recipes for the Kimchi & Appy's - please specify which recipe you would like in the comments box during checkout**
Date: Saturday, October 23rd
Location: Early Bird Family Farm (2768 256 St., Langley BC)
Price: $78.75 ($75 + 3.75 GST)
Ticket Price Includes:
- Ingredients & containers to make your own Poggi Kimchi to take home
- Variety of Appetizers, including: bindaetteok (savoury mung bean pancakes), dumplings and gimbap
- Non-alcoholic drinks
- Beautiful farm views
- This event will be on a working farm, please make sure to wear comfortable clothes & shoes (heels not recommended).
- We will be in a partially enclosed, covered venue, please make sure to dress for the weather!
- Your order confirmation is your ticket, please bring a copy (electronic or paper) to the event!